The ICAP UK Chapter (“the Chapter”) was established under the guidelines issued by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan for overseas Chapters. The Chapter is managed by a Managing Committee of five members elected for a period of two years. The Chapter is not a constituent or a branch of ICAP.
Following are the duties and functions of the Chapter as advised by the ICAP Guidelines for Overseas Chapters:
- To explore professional opportunities and placement opportunities in that country or any other place in the world, in the manner suggested by the Institute from time to time.
- To support/facilitate/organize/conduct CPD programmes.
- To provide facilities for interaction among members by arranging regular meetings for the acquisition and dissemination of useful information. Necessary technical inputs/background material could be provided by the Institute.
- To act as a guardian of the interest of the Institute in that country.
- To act as a bridge between the ICAP members and the Institute and to assist members and the Institute in performing their respective roles in the benefit of the profession.
- Make representation to the Council on matters of professional interest in that country and to offer suggestions for raising the standard and status of the profession.
- Have liaison with the accountancy bodies of that country for helping the members in enrolling themselves as members of the Accounting Institute. However, prior to such liaison the Chapters shall take necessary approval of the Institute for such liaison and initiatives.
- Exchange views on professional matters with the members of the Accounting Institute of that country. However, the Chapters would not exchange views on behalf of the Institute.
- Assist ICAP in locating suitable venues for the examination centers.
- Carry out such other functions as may be entrusted by the Institute, from time to time